West Michigan is an international hub for manufacturing businesses around the world.
West Michigan distributes nearly $8 billion worth of exports a year.
Over 130 international businesses have operations in West Michigan
Companies from Germany, France, Italy, South Korea and more have operations in West Michigan.
West Michigan’s largest industries by value in exports include:
- Motor Vehicle Parts: $1,701.6 million
- Misc. General Purpose Machinery: $398.8 million
- Plastics: $345.4 million
- Grain and Oilseed Products: $333.6 million
- Household Appliances: $331 million
- Growth in the value of exports: +2.5 percent
Some of the Company We Keep
Explore Our Industries
West Michigan serves as a collaborative manufacturing hub for businesses in the automotive, office furniture, aerospace, and food processing industries.